Homa Bay Town Member of Parliament Peter Opondo Kaluma has pointed the finger directly at former Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua, linking him to the deaths and widespread destruction that rocked Homa Bay County on Sunday during a Linda Mwananchi rally that descended into deadly chaos.
Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, Kaluma said Gachagua’s fingerprints were all over the violence that left properties worth millions of shillings destroyed and claimed the life of a police officer who paid the ultimate price amid the mayhem.

Kaluma alleged that Gachagua deliberately dispatched one of his personal bodyguards to Homa Bay County with the specific mission of causing violence and attacking residents.
“Gachagua’s bodyguard was in Homa Bay as a goon and attacking our people,” Kaluma said, making it clear he believed the chaos was not spontaneous but carefully planned and executed from outside the county.
Kaluma, who has himself been accused by Linda Mwananchi supporters of being the one who hired the goons that attacked their members during the rally, also turned his fire on the media, accusing journalists of biased reporting and failing to accurately identify the true architects of the violence that unfolded in Homa Bay Town on Sunday.
He concluded by alleging that the entire operation was financially backed by Gachagua, with former President Uhuru Kenyatta serving as the chief financier of Linda Mwananchi rallies being held across the country.
Kaluma’s remarks come on the heels of similar accusations made by President William Ruto in Eldoret last week, where the head of state accused Uhuru of bankrolling both Linda Mwananchi and a youthful political coalition led by Nairobi County Senator Edwin Sifuna and Embakasi East legislator Babu Owino.
As accusations fly from all directions, the people of Homa Bay are left mourning a police officer, counting the cost of destroyed property and watching politicians fight over who to blame while justice for the victims remains painfully elusive.
📌 Related Articles:



